To ensure the safety of your family, it is crucial to understand the cause of cockroach infestations and how to prevent them. With almost 4000 cockroach species, it is important to know the ones that can adapt to living in close contact with humans, such as the German cockroach, which is one of the most common species in the US. While humans try to eliminate them by squashing, spraying with store-bought pesticides, or using DIY treatments, these pests always pop up and keep on spreading. So, why are roaches hard to kill?
- Cockroaches have strong digestive enzymes and can thrive in nutrient-poor environments.
- They eat almost everything, including cardboard, bookbinders, rotten meat, blood, and even each other.
- Roaches have genes that can help them withstand poisonous chemicals.
- They have strong immune systems, making them immune to DIY treatments and resulting in more problems.
However, there is an easy way to keep them out of your kitchen and home. Keep your kitchen and home clean and sanitized. Here are some tips:
- Store food properly in airtight containers.
- Dispose of your garbage properly and cover all your trash bins.
- Keep your bathroom and kitchen dry because roaches are attracted to wet and moist places.
- Wash your dishes immediately after use.
Cockroach infestations can cause health risks, as they can spread bacteria and diseases that can lead to food poisoning, illness, and other health problems. Always seek professional advice and treatment. Contact Plank Termite and Pest Control for a range of techniques and programs to eliminate cockroaches from your home and keep your family safe.